What impact does making the interior journey have on a marriage? Henry and I look back at our 22 years of couple-hood and 14 years of marriage and share how our own commitment to our individual healing and integration has transformed our relationship.
In Part 1 of this conversation we talk about the liberating discovery that we are not meant to complete each other, the joy of discovering beauty in what IS in the here and now, and what practicing healthy boundaries with our selves and each other has done for our marriage.
Share this episode via this episode page.
02:01 - Three Layers of Living
03:23 - First Point - You Don't Complete Me
16:08 - Second Point - Striving for the "Ideal"
22:38 - Third Point - Boundaries within a Marriage
35:15 - PRAXIS: Listen. Ponder. Act.
- As you listened to the conversation between Henry and myself, what struck you?
- Was there some pot that you could identify with in your own experience, perhaps in your marriage or some other intimate relationship?
- In what ways might you have unknowingly made it harder for yourself to be happy in your relationship by seeking completion or happiness from your partner?
- Identify one area in your life where you have struggled to be patient and kind to yourself.
- Find some quiet alone time and have conversation with that part of you, that part of you who struggles to live up to your ideal self.
- Sit with yourself as you would a beloved child or a dear friend, and just listen.
For full details of this reflection prompt, please see transcript.
Other episodes that would help you understand and apply the lessons in this episode:
- Ep 4 & 5 Living from the Inside Out
- Ep 14 Where Do You End and I Begin?
PODCAST COMPANION WORKBOOK
- Downloadable & Printable
- 10 worksheets, over 30 exercises
- Helps you integrate and apply the foundational principles to Becoming Me
- Great for inner work and connecting with yourself in solitude
- Includes tips for partner and small-group sharing
- Free for all e-mail newsletter subscribers
FIND OUT MORE
SUBSCRIBE | FOLLOW | SUPPORT
Visit www.becomingmepodcast.com to leave me a message and sign up for my newsletter! To see where else you can connect with me or my content, click HERE.
Follow Becoming Me on Facebook & Instagram
Become My Patron