Sep 6 2023
Navigating the Midlife Maze: Unpacking the 6 P’s of Transitions I Aras Erekul, MD, MMH
Midlife often drives us to various places and states of transitions.
Who better to speak to this than Aras Erekul, the SVP of Programming for The Modern Elder Academy, the world's first midlife wisdom school, founded by Chip Conely of Airbnb – dedicated to navigating midlife transitions.
In this episode Aras Unpacks the 6 P's of Transitions
1. Personal Transitions: moving, empty nesting, divorce, sense of pace
2. Physical Transitions: changing hormones, diet, sensuality, physical or cognitive health
3. Psychological Transitions: feeling anxious or depressed, inflexible, lonely, angry
4. Pandemic/Passing Transitions: fear of death, facing mortality, uncertainty, loss
5. Professional Transitions: retired, changed career, lost job, starting new business
6. Purpose Transitions: finding legacy, spiritual connection, new direction
Find out why even though:
“We are not caterpillars.
Our progression to butterfly-hood is not guaranteed.
The challenge of humanity is that living a long time
does not guarantee wisdom.
Age does not guarantee growth”
Aras's journey is a testament to the transformative power of change, resilience, and the pursuit of well-being.
For hidden job market insider tips and stories subscribe to Loren’s newsletter here: "Out of Hiding" Newsletter
Connect with Aras:
Check out the MEA book: The Anatomy of a Transition here! - https://www.modernelderacademy.com/resources-ebook/anatomy-of-a-transition
Learning to Love Midlife by Chip Conley - https://chipconley.com/learning-to-love-midlife/
Connect with Loren: