Jamal Harrington, Co-Host
Marianne Reilly, Co-Host
Cousin Todd Sellers, Co-Host, Tech Guy
Guest: Chris Shaw #3
Jamal's Trip To Houston
- Jamal discusses his trip to Houston
Marianne’s Review on The Woman King
FDA warns against potentially deadly ‘NyQuil Chicken Challenge’
- Called the “NyQuil Chicken Challenge,” users on social media are covering their meat in the over-the-counter medication, which is used to treat flu symptoms, colds and allergies.
- Unsurprisingly, the FDA warned it could have very dangerous outcomes — not just if it’s ingested but from the cooking process.
- “Boiling a medication can make it much more concentrated and change its properties in other ways,” the FDA explained in a warning, adding that even inhaling the medication’s vapors while cooking could cause high levels of the drugs to enter your body.
- “It could also hurt your lungs,” the warning continued. “Put simply: Someone could take a dangerously high amount of the cough and cold medicine without even realizing it.”
- Overdosing on NyQuil can cause symptoms such as seizures, severe dizziness, liver problems and breathing problems, just to name a few and can be potentially fatal.
Kansas man sentenced to more than 5 years for performing illegal autopsies
- A Kansas man has been sentenced to five years and nine months after pleading guilty to one count of wire fraud connected to performing an illegal autopsy, the US Department of Justice said.
- Shawn Lynn Parcells, 42, of Topeka, used his business National Autopsy Services LLC to "obtain fees from more than 350 clients for a total amount of $1,166,000," according to court documents, the DOJ said in a release Monday. "In many cases, the defendant failed to provide an authentic completed report."
- In the case he pleaded guilty to in May, Parcells used false credentials to convince a client he was qualified to conduct an autopsy, the DOJ said in a release. Parcells received $5,000 and gave the client an emailed copy of a final report that appeared to be written by Parcells, but no pathologist took part in the exam or report, the release said.
Shout Outs / Todd's(21st of sept) and Marianne's(25th of sept) Birthdays this week
What Are We Binging?
- Todd Talks about Quantum Leap (2022)
What old tv show should get a revival or reboot?
- Marianne says M.A.S.H.
- Jamal says Golden Girls with a diverse cast
- Todd says Dukes of Hazzard but they are in the north so the car is Gen Grant
- F-Troop reboot