Within a year of the first prototype, Prefect had their first paying customer — a Fortune 100 company. Their SaaS offering was not even publicly available yet.
That was partly because they were developing a platform that allowed companies to build, run, and monitor data pipelines at scale, a problem no one else had tackled in quite the same way.
Another reason was their commitment to the iteration cycle during development. By releasing the MVP early, they were able to gather feedback immediately and improve the product with incredible speed.
In this episode, Prefect’s CTO Chris White shares the challenges they encountered and lessons they learned along the way.
- How Prefect helps developers run and monitor data pipelines at scale
- Their strategy around open source
- Intentional choices made during their development journey
- Building a culture that embraces mistakes
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Find design books by Sandi Metz at https://sandimetz.com/products
- Find Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull at https://www.creativityincbook.com/about/
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Application Modernization in your favorite podcast player.