Have you experienced a lack of understanding and acceptance when you had opened up to someone you trusted about your interior journey? We need people who can be safe spaces for us as we make this journey, but we need to know how to identify them.
In this first half of a two-part conversation I have with experienced soul guide and spiritual companion Edwina Yeow, we discuss why we need safe spaces and how to identify if someone can be a safe space for us.
Share this episode via this episode page.
06:30 - Why do we need a safe space for the interior journey?
11:14 - What constitutes a safe space?
13:51 - Why our loved ones may not be safe spaces
20:24 - How can I tell if someone is a safe space?
29:40 - PRAXIS: Listen. Ponder. Act.
- As you listened to today's episode, what struck you? Does something resonate particularly strongly with you?
- Can you remember any time in your life where you have experienced what we describe as a safe space? Who was it that made you feel like you could really just be who you are and not be judged or evaluated or criticised?
- Where you are now in your journey could be quite different from the last time that you experienced being in a safe space with someone. This would be especially true if you have begun this interior journey only recently.
- Try to identify someone whom you think could be a safe space for you now, at this point of your journey.
Blog Post: Where can I be unafraid to become who I truly am?
Other episodes that would help you understand and apply the lessons in this episode:
- Ep 7 Be Curious, Courageous & Compassionate with Yourself
PODCAST COMPANION WORKBOOK
- Downloadable & Printable
- 10 worksheets, over 30 exercises
- Helps you integrate and apply the foundational principles to Becoming Me
- Great for inner work and connecting with yourself in solitude
- Includes tips for partner and small-group sharing
- Free for all e-mail newsletter subscribers
FIND OUT MORE
SUBSCRIBE | FOLLOW | CONTACT
Visit www.becomingmepodcast.com to leave me a message and sign up for my newsletter! To see where else you can connect with me or my content, click HERE.
Follow Becoming Me on Facebook & Instagram
Become My Patron