Karthik Balakrishnan (CEO) and Anand Kesavaraju (Chief Strategy Officer) are the co-founders of Nodexus, a Biotechnology startup that is developing scientific tools to accelerate biological workflows and make them universally accessible. Their first product is a single cell sorting and dispensing machine.
In this episode of lab to startup, we talk about the problems around single cell sorting and the solution they have come up with; the evolution of technology, challenges and advantages of growing a lean operation; identifying markets, mentors, and investors; and some of the lessons learnt building a scientific tools company.
- Biotechnology company that commercializes tools to accelerate biological workflows and make them universally accessible.
- Benchtop single cell sorting and dispensing
- People who built something previously are a good fit to recruit
- Some of the programs that helped: Berkeley SkyDeck, StartX, QB3, NSF I-Corps
- Targeting right partners, investors is super important
- How to convince people to use innovative products
- Feature based on customer feedback
- Being a part of incubators/accelerators gives a network around you to share and learn from problems that others are going through
- Careers: https://boards.greenhouse.io/nodexusinc