Find out the pros and cons of moving to Portugal with two California natives who now live in Portugal and run their online business, Bordr. Bordr helps people get their Portuguese tax IDs, file taxes, open Portuguese bank accounts remotely, and other bureaucratic processes you need to go through when moving to Portugal.
Kathleen and Richard share why they chose Portugal as their home base, what it’s like to live there and have a baby there, and how they maintain friendships as a digital nomad family.
They also give their opinion on the downsides of living in Portugal and why they think other foreigners are moving away.
Plus, they break down Bordr’s relocation services and prices, giving you insight into how they can help your move go smoothly!
- Portugal’s healthcare system & Having a baby in Portugal
- What inspired them to leave San Francisco and move abroad
- Co-living in Taipei, Thailand
- Living in Portugal as an Asian-American family
- Downsides of living in Portugal (why they might leave)
- Cultural differences and culture shock in Portugal
- How social dynamics have changed since the pandemic
- Maintaining friendships as digital nomads
- Transitioning from freelancer to business owner
- Portugal’s d7 visa / Digital Nomad Visa
- Bordr Services + Prices: Tax ID/NIF, opening a Portuguese bank account remotely, NHR tax consultations, and more!
- What is your neighborhood like?
- Why did you choose Portugal as your home base?
- What places did you visit while slow traveling as a digital nomad?
- What is it like to have a baby in a foreign country?
- Why do you love living in Portugal more than other places?
- Are Portuguese people welcoming to foreigners?
- Are Americans ruining Portugal’s housing market?
- Why and how did you transition from freelancing to entrepreneurship?
- and more!
Connect with Kristin and Support the Show:
* Become a Patron
* Buy a Coffee
* Follow on Instagram
* Join the Facebook Group
* Leave a 5-Star Review
* Subscribe on YouTube
See the show notes pages on BadassDigitalNomads.com or TravelingwithKristin.com/podcast for more details.