Jun 13 2023
The Sky’s the Limit: How Drone Shows Can Pull in Your Higher Ed Community
Drone shows are much more than pretty lights in the night sky. Through curated storyboarding and other audiosensory elements, these innovative spectacles can bring communities together by painting a larger story.
After Joy Fulkerson">Joy Fulkerson, Director of Leadership and Civic Engagement at East Tennessee State University">East Tennessee State University (ETSU), saw a local theme park show, she knew her school’s community needed that experience. Once she suggested the idea to Leah Adinolfi">Leah Adinolfi, the school’s Dean of Student Engagement, they started looking for experts in the field.
That’s where the folks from Pixis Drones">Pixis Drones come in. Joy and Leah join Pixis’ VP of Operations Martin Codd">Martin Codd, Chief of Staff Maria Booker">Maria Booker, and Sales Coordinator Ethan Delinski">Ethan Delinski to discuss how drone shows can engage higher ed communities.
Join us as we discuss:
- The emotional benefits of drone shows in brand storytelling (5:06)
- How ETSU and Pixis collaborated on their storyboard and keywords (12:57)
- Incorporating creative elements to conduct a multisensory experience (18:23)
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Pixis Drones">Pixis Drones
- East Tennessee State University">East Tennessee State University
- email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org (Joy Fulkers)
- email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org (Leah Adinolfi)
- email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org (Martin Codd)
This episode is dedicated to the loving memory of Maria Booker. Maria passed away in a car accident on Sunday June 4th, 2023 returning home from giving her time to help others.
Her life, light, and vibrance are sorely missed by the Pixis Drones team and all of us here at The Higher Ed Marketer. In this, her final interview, please take a moment to send a thought or a prayer to her family and the Pixis Drones team in this tough time.
Donations can be made in Maria’s memory to a charity of your choice or one of the many charities important to her.
Capital Area Food Bank">Capital Area Food Bank
Chance for Life Foundation">Chance for Life Foundation
Central Virginia Horse Rescue">Central Virginia Horse Rescue
To hear this interview and many more like it, subscribe on Apple Podcasts">Apple Podcasts, Spotify">Spotify, or our website">our website or search for The Higher Edge in your favorite podcast player.