As entrepreneurs, we’re constantly looking at our numbers - how much money did we make this month? What was our profit? Our revenue? Was that new tool/team member/course a good investment?
But when it comes to talking about the numbers with our partner, we freeze. We don’t know what to say or we don’t know how to say it… and so we avoid, we fight about the cost of tomatoes, and we get stuck in the same arguments again and again.
How do we get out of this cycle and create a life we love with our partner?
Enter this conversation with financial expert Ramit Sethi.
In this episode, he not only gives practical money advice for entrepreneurs at all stages of their business journey - he pairs this advice with scripts for how to involve your partner and have meaningful, productive conversations about money and building a rich life together.
Click PLAY now to hear:
- [01:04] The 411 on Ramit’s wildly popular podcast: I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- [03:22] How the way we talk about money defines the roles that it plays in our relationships
- [05:38] How the Rich Life Review meeting with your partner can transform the way you think about and act towards money
- [10:20] Scripts for how a brand new entrepreneur could talk to their partner about starting their business
- [14:43] Scripts for how an entrepreneur could talk to their partner about they haven’t made as much money as they’d like and what to do about it
- [18:59] Scripts for how an entrepreneur who has done well and been very profitable could talk to their partner about requests they’re receiving from others for loans, etc.
- [19:50] How to set up your financial systems to allow for guilt-free spending
- [21:50] How to navigate conversations about money during dating relationships as an entrepreneur
- [24:13] Why the way you feel about money is highly uncorrelated to the amount of money you have in the bank
- [27:50] What’s going on beneath the surface when you avoid money and want to abdicate responsibility for it - and what to do about it
- [34:38] Why it’s important for both partners in a relationship to be involved in financial decisions
- [36:27] How to connect further with Ramit
If you learn more with Ramit, you can find his I Will Teach You To Be Rich podcast >>HERE<<. His money coaching program can be found
>>HERE<< and you can follow him on instagram @ramit.
You can find complete show notes for this episode >>HERE<<.