Dr. Riley is a Physician specializing in obstetrics and palliative medicine. He practices midwifery, minimal-intervention-style obstetrics with an emphasis on supporting the physiology of pregnancy and birth as well as female intuition while empowering women to embrace birth rather than fear it. He was Born in Pittsburgh. Trained in Philadelphia, San Diego and Los Angeles, currently practicing in Louisville, KY. Also a climber and somewhat obsessed w eco-conservation.
In today’s episode Dr. Riley takes us through his experience of medical school and residency to give us a deeper insight into why doctors often have the opinions and practices they do when it comes to women’s health.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobook is finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.
Topics discussed in today's episode:
- What brought Dr. Riley into medicine and specifically into women’s issues
- How it made Dr. Riley feel when he came up with struggles on he and his wife’s journey to conceive
- Who influenced Dr. Riley’s way of practice in his career
- Problems in the curriculum physicians-in-training come across
- Why doctors should be encouraged to admit when they don’t know an answer, ask questions or even just sit and listen to the patient
- How it is unrealistic for the patient to expect their doctor to have all the answers and diagnosis after a short consultation
- The harsh structure and lifestyle of the medical training process
- The importance of health care professionals to still take the time to care for themselves so they can better serve their patients
- The importance of being respectful of your doctor’s expertise and training
- Why it is important for patients and doctors to be a little more generous with one another
Connect with Dr. Nathan Riley:
You can connect with Dr. Riley on his Website, Instagram and Twitter.
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group. Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast in Apple Podcasts!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness Programs
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here to apply now!