Aug 25 2022
03: Longevity Secret: the overlooked key to living better, longer
In today’s episode we will explore the role that respiration, oxygen and carbon dioxide play in slowing down the rate and pace of biological aging for enhanced vitality. You will learn the exact breath rate that increases oxygen saturation, immune, cardiac, neurological and endocrine function while also enhancing longevity. And you will experience 3 key breathing exercises and respiration practices to increase your health capacity so you can live better, longer beginning today.
#longevity #healthspan #lifespan #biologicalaging #oxygensaturation #respirationrate #breathingexercises #lungcapacity #breathwork #wellbeing #HRV #centenarians
Show sponsor: BrainTap. Backed by neuroscience and research, BrainTap uses neuro-algorthyms and audio training and light technology to optimize brainwave function, improve focus, mood, memory, sleep, performance and overall wellbeing.
To get a FREE 15 day trial, click here and start Braintapping today.
Show Notes available at: https://humanlongevityinstitute.com/podcast/
1. Russo MA, Santarelli DM, O'Rourke D. The physiological effects of slow breathing in the healthy human. Breathe (Sheff). 2017 Dec;13(4):298-309. doi: 10.1183/20734735.009817. PMID: 29209423; PMCID: PMC5709795.
2. Vold ML, Aasebø U, Wilsgaard T, Melbye H. Low oxygen saturation and mortality in an adult cohort: the Tromsø study. BMC Pulm Med. 2015 Feb 12;15:9. doi: 10.1186/s12890-015-0003-5. PMID: 25885261; PMCID: PMC4342789.
3. Bilo G, Revera M, Bussotti M, Bonacina D, Styczkiewicz K, Caldara G, Giglio A, Faini A, Giuliano A, Lombardi C, Kawecka-Jaszcz K, Mancia G, Agostoni P, Parati G. Effects of slow deep breathing at high altitude on oxygen saturation, pulmonary and systemic hemodynamics. PLoS One. 2012;7(11):e49074. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0049074. Epub 2012 Nov 12. PMID: 23152851; PMCID: PMC3495772.
4. Eoin P. Cummins ,Moritz J. Strowitzki, and Cormac T. Taylor Mechanisms and Consequences of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Sensing in Mammals. 09 DEC 2019https://doi.org/10.1152/physrev.00003.2019
5. Hernández-Vicente A, Hernando D, Santos-Lozano A, Rodríguez-Romo G, Vicente-Rodríguez G, Pueyo E, Bailón R, Garatachea N. Heart Rate Variability and Exceptional Longevity. Front Physiol. 2020 Sep 17;11:566399. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2020.566399. PMID: 33041862; PMCID: PMC7527628.