If you’ve been using legal documents for a while but you aren’t sure if they’re really covering your buns, this episode is for you. It’s one thing to use a Client Agreement or Website Terms and Conditions, but it’s another thing altogether to know whether or not they’re actually protecting you - or whether they have holes and vulnerabilities that expose you to risk. In this episode, you learn 4 easy steps to know whether or not your legal documents have your back.
In this episode, Lisa shares:
- 4 steps to find out whether your legal documents cover you
- Step 1—Take inventory of your legal documents to see what legal documents you already have in place
- Learn which key legal documents are most often needed when working with clients
- Step 2—For each legal document, ask yourself, “where did I get this document?”
- Step 3—Once you’ve identified the source of the legal document, have it reviewed by a lawyer who understands your work
- Why it’s beneficial to work with a lawyer who clearly understands your programs and services and the work that you do
- Step 4—After you hire a lawyer, your document will be reviewed and possibly edited, or you’ll receive a recommendation for a brand new contract or DIY Legal Template
- Why Lisa aligns legal documents with the sacral chakra
Easy Legal Steps - download the first book chapter free!
Episode 27 - “Legal Basics: Your First 3 Legal Steps”
Episode 18 - 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Copy Your Friend’s Legal Document
Episode 98 - 3 Types of Client Agreements for 1-on-1 Clients, Masterminds and Combo Programs
Episode 72 - What Can Happen When You Create Your Own Legal Documents
Episode 37 - Top 10 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Lawyer