Today’s episode is the second in the True Self Series. The series is about building a heart-centered business – one that feels true to you.
There’s a well-known story called The Tale Of The Two Wolves Inside You. It goes like this:
- One evening, an elderly Cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
- “My dear one, the battle between two ‘wolves’ is inside us all. One is evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.
- The other is good. It is: joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
- The grandson thought about it for a moment and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”
- The old Cherokee replied, “The one you feed.”
In this episode, I explore the difference between the true and false self. Recognizing this difference allows you to choose which wolf you want to feed.
Do you want to create a business from joy and peace or from envy and ego?
What you’ll learn on today’s episode:
- Why making business decisions from your ego creates shame and dissatisfaction.
- The differences between the false self and true self.
- How the true self will help you find more joy and peace in your business.
Featured on this episode:
Episode 19: The Problem With Today’s Success Culture
Get more information about my group program, Business Growth Lab, here: sallyannmiller.com/thelab/