Hear about a new archeological site that suggests humans arrived in Europe 10,000 years earlier than previously thought, what a giant fossil could teach us about the fearsome sea dragon, and a massive archeological find in Egypt!
- Homo Sapiens May Have Reached Europe 10,000 Years Earlier Than Previously Thought by Bruce Bower
- Modern Human Incursion into Neanderthal Territories 54,000 Years Ago at Mandrin, France by Ludovic Slimak, et al.
- Apidima Cave Fossils Provide Earliest Evidence of Homo sapiens in Eurasia by Katerina Harvati, et al.
Dragons of the sea.
- Huge Prehistoric 'Sea Dragon' Fossil Discovered in U.K. Reservoir by Rachel Elbaum
- Ichthyosaur Fossil Reptile Group by Encyclopedia Britannica
- Rutland Sea Dragon: How Remarkable Ichthyosaur Fossil Was Protected by Greig Watson
- “The World-Renowned Ichthyosaurus”: A Nineteenth-Century Problematic and Its Representations" by John Glendening
- Archaeologists in Egypt Discover 3,000-Year-Old ‘Lost Golden City’ by Livia Gershon
- Renowned Archaeologist Zahi Hawass Announces Discovery of Luxor’s ‘Lost City’ by Mustafa Marie
- The Rise and Fall of Zahi Hawass by Joshua Hammer
- 'Lost Golden City' Found in Egypt Reveals Lives of Ancient Pharaohs by BBC News
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter withCalli andNate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/neanderthal-roommates-sea-dragons-hidden-egyptian