I have to admit that the topic of personal finance excites the nerd in me. I love reading and learning more about all things around finance! Investing intelligently and planning for retirement are often intimidating areas in which we can always benefit from expert advice. Join us to learn how you can make solid investment decisions and better prepare for your future.
Our Featured Guest-Dave Frank, Certified Financial Planner
Dave Frank is the founder of Turning Point Financial Life Planning, which focuses on helping clinicians in private practice manage their retirement and finances. Dave has a heart to empower therapists around money and finances so they can be more present and centered in all areas of personal and professional life. In today’s show, we will begin by looking at the information and misinformation about investing that have come forward during the pandemic. Dave shares strategies for financial management, including why investing in the stock market is a good idea. Our conversation turns to retirement options for solo and group practitioners and a brief look at cryptocurrency.
https://turningpointhq.com/ (Turning Point Financial Life Planning)
Use the promo code “STC” for 20% off Dave’s Quick Start Coaching Intensive!
● Why most people don’t know the basics of sound investing
● Why “passively managed, low-cost, tax efficient mutual funds” are the best tools for long-term investing---(Dave explains the terminology!)
● The difference between investing and gambling for long-term financial goals
● The important question about investing: What are my goals?
● The basics of mutual funds
● A sound and simple investing strategy that Dave recommends
● Why your allocations should shift to funds with less volatility and less return as you near retirement age
● Dave’s investment advice for beginners about getting started with target-date accounts and emergency savings
● Why solo practitioners should be careful not to overcontribute to a retirement account
● Dave’s opinion about investing in cryptocurrency--does it make sense for therapists?
Today's Sponsor: Online Course SchoolI know that many of us want to launch a successful online course whether it's to share our message with a larger audience or to diversify our income beyond 1:1 work.
Speaking from personal experience, I also know that there are a ton of barriers to getting started: the tech, the mental hurdles, being unsure of whether our course will make money, or even how to market and grow our online course.
Online Course School is a live 8-week cohort-based experience where you'll gather with other therapist course creators to create your online course. It includes teaching workshops from Mel and the STC team, weekly assignments, and opportunities to work together to get things done.
By the end of our time together, you'll have your lessons and modules outlined, know what tech, software, and platform you need to record your online course, a working sales page, and have a concrete growth plan for your online course.
We'll be launching our first cohort in Sept 2021 with six members. If this sounds like something you'd love to be a
part of, please check out my free http://sellingthecouch.com/onlinecourseguide (A to Z Online Course Guide).
The guide will help you learn from my mistakes over the past 6+ years of being an online course creator and lessons I've learned from moving the Healthcasters podcasting course from a $297 first sale to over 275 students and passing the $200k revenue mark in 2021.
RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOUR BUSINESS JOURNEY Disclosures: Please note that all opinions are my own and based on my personal experience. Sponsors are... Support this podcast