Today’s show takes on a very niched perspective, but the information and wisdom are useful in many aspects of our work as clinicians and business owners. We are specifically discussing how to move from an online course to a membership model. Maybe you’ve wondered about these components of your practice and how to make the transition. Join us for expert advice!
Our Featured Guest
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CEDRD-S
Jennifer McGurk is a registered dietitian in NY whose specialty is helping clients with eating disorders. She made the transition from an online course to a membership model, so she is sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly of such a move. I hope our discussion will be helpful to you if you’re considering a similar transition.
● How membership sites can help a clinician accomplish career goals
● Details of Jennifer’s journey in private practice from an online course to a membership model
● The benefits to therapist and client of a membership model over a one-time course model
● How imposter syndrome can crop up when creating a membership site
● How it’s helpful to see others reaching their goals in transitioning from an online course to a membership site
● Common mistakes in this transition
● What the business gurus DON’T tell you about your online course as a passive income stream
● The components of Jennifer’s membership site: Dietitian Business School
● Jennifer’s advice to a clinician either launching an online course or making the transition to a membership site
Today's Podcast Sponsor:
https://sellingthecouch.com/hushmail (Hushmail) - Hushmail is a safe and secure way to email and send secure forms (e.g., intake packets and consent forms) to potential and current clients.
Please visit https://sellingthecouch.com/hushmail (https://sellingthecouch.com/hushmail) and please let them know Mel sent you =).
welcome back to Selling the Couch.
Hi, Melvin; thank
you for having me. I'm so excited to talk to you.
I really enjoyed
our last conversation. I'm so grateful that you reached out, you are doing just
so many neat things in the world, so many out of the box things. And I'm just
grateful when you reached out and then two, just to hear about the journey and
share all the lessons and all those things that you've learned.
Yeah, thank you so
much. I'm so grateful for your work, too. We were talking before we hit record
about how mental health is so needed right now and therapists are doing such an
awesome job. So anyone out there listening, thank you for your work too. It's a
time where people really need mental health services.
I do feel so grateful to be part of this profession. I don't know who could
have imagined something like this. But I think one of the things that's really
been on my mind, especially through this pandemic, I think it was there before
but it's kind of accelerated it is this question of like, what do I want my
career to look like? And where do I want to focus my energy?
And one of the
things that I've kind of realized is, I actually want to eventually just
completely pull back on one on one work or if I have to it's kind of more
higher-priced and it's very limited. And I think one of the ways that you can
do that is through online courses and membership sites. I think there's like a
lot of information online about how to do these, all of that kind of stuff. But
I wanted to hear from you, because you had an online course, you transitioned
into a membership site, you're actually doing it and yeah, I'm just so
grateful, I think for