I hear Him
Seek First is a prescription for anxiety
Why is there a "but", because there is a comparison.
What is the Comparison?
The difference between 2 sets of people
1. Gentiles - sinners
2. God's Children - Jesus Followers
What is the Difference?... Priorities
1. They strive for their desires first (basic needs)
2. Followers strive for God's desire first
Why is there a difference?... Faith
1. Faith in self - I am in charge - prideful person
2. Faith in God - Deep abiding Love of God - God cares about you.
What is the outcome?
1. Self reliance leads to anxiety
2. Faith leads to contentment - the Apostle Paul in
Philippians 4:11-13 says: 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/fbcclarion/message