Zane Simon & Connor Ruebusch are here with the MMA Vivisection MAIN CARD SHOW, breaking down a set of 5 bouts (3 of which have now been altered) on this dwindled down 10-bout UFC VEGAS 46: 'KATTAR VS CHIKADZE Fight Night event.
"The UFC is back after three weeks without an event. And after that kind of drought, it just feels good to have any fights going on at all. Which is good because, outside this main event, UFC Vegas 46 isn’t exactly bringing big fights to the table. Calvin Kattar vs. Giga Chikadze should be a violent thriller. Brandon Royval vs. Rogerio Bontorin looks like a lot of fun. Otherwise, we’ll just have to hope for some fantastic finishes." -- Zane Simon
For those fans who wish to dive deeper into the PRELIMS CARD, check out that version of the MMA Vivi which airs at 2pm Central today, Thurs., Jan. 13th., 2022, right here on our SC channel.
The MMA Vivisection is brought to you by The Fine Art of Violence, a collection of art and essays recapping the year in MMA by Chris Rini featuring the most talented artists and writers in Mixed Martial Arts. The book is available in both hard copy and digital formats at chrisrini.com
UFC Vegas 46: ‘Calvin Kattar vs Giga Chikadze’ fight card (bout order subject to change, already incredibly different from when the shows were recorded):
ESPN+ MAIN CARD | SAT. JAN 15 - 7PM/4PM ETPT
10. 145lbs: Calvin Kattar (22-5) vs. Giga Chikadze (14-2) — At 4:47, Odds 38:30, Picks, Both: Chikadze
7. 125lbs: Katlyn Chookagian (16-4) vs. Jennifer Maia (19-7) — At 39:21, Odds 45:35, Picks, Both: Chookagian (Royval/Bontorin & Chookagian/Maia: bout order swapped)
8. 135lbs: Brandon Royval (16-2) vs. Rogério Bontorin (17-3) — At 45:49, Odds 56:04, Picks, Both: Bontorin (Royval/Bontorin & Chookagian/Maia: bout order swapped)
9. 265lb: Chase Sherman (15-8) vs. Jake Collier (12-6) — At 56:59, Odds 1:01:35, Picks, Both: Collier (Moving to the Co-Main Event)
5. 145lbs: Joanderson Brito (12-2) vs. Bill Algeo (14-6) — At 1:04:08, Odds 1:10:17, Picks, Both: Algeo
ESPN+ PRELIMS | 4PM/1PM ETPT
4. 185lbs: Jamie Pickett (12-6) vs. Joseph Holmes (7-1) -- Picks, Both: Pickett
3. 170lbs: Ramiz Brahimaj (9-3) vs. Court McGee (20-10) -- Picks, Both: McGee
2. 145lbs: T.J. Brown (15-8) vs. Charles Rosa (14-6) -- Picks, Both: Brown
6. 155lbs: Dakota Bush (8-3) vs. Vlacheslav Borshchev (5-1) -- Picks, Both: Bush (Bout moved to the second fight on the Main Card)
1. 145lbs: Brian Kelleher (23-12) vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov -- Picks, Zane: Kakhramonov, Connor: Kelleher(Opponent replaced: Kakhramonov out due to COVID-19 Protocols, bout will now be Kelleher vs. Kevin Croom (21-13)
* Silvana Gomez Juarez vs. Vanessa Demopolous -- Picks, Both: Gomez Juarez (Rescheduled and off this card since recording)
For those of you following the picks made on the show, we started tracking them with the July 13th, 2020 Vivisections for ‘Kattar vs. Ige’... Standings for our last event, UFC Vegas 45: Zane went 9/13, Connor tied with 10/13. So far, here are the overall standings: Zane is now 448/711 and Connor is now 438/711.
If you enjoy our shows, "heart" us here on SC, or "like" & share over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: YouTube, iTunes, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn. OverCast, Player FM, & Amazon Music.