Zane Simon & Connor Ruebusch are here with the MMA Vivisection PRELIMS SHOW, breaking down a set of 7 of the 6 bouts on this dwindling 11-bout UFC VEGAS 42: 'Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodriguez' Fight Night event.
"The UFC delivered two smoking hot cards over the last couple weeks, with UFC 267 delivering a remarkable title fight upset and UFC 268 giving two champs a chance to defend with gritty performances. But, now the promotion is back to putting together thinner offerings. Max Holloway takes on Yair Rodriguez in what should be a fantastic featherweight fight. After that, however, the pickings are slim." - Zane Simon
For those fans who wish to dive deeper into the MAIN CARD, check out that version of the MMA Vivi which has NOW aired at 1pm Central today, Thurs., Nov. 11th., 2021, right here on our SC channel. From here on out, the Main Card show will always air at 1 CST, followed by the Prelims Show at 2 CST.
The MMA Vivisection is brought to you by Combat Wombat, makers of combat sports themed artwork featuring MMA’s legendary fighters and legendary fights. Visit chrisrini.com for the latest pieces and commissions. Get your Combat Wombat themed Vivi t-shirts today! cottonbureau.com/products/dr-wombat
Here’s a look at the UFC VEGAS 42: ‘Max Holloway vs Yair Rodriguez’ fight card as it stands right now (bout order is subject to change, it has already changed since the Vivi Shows were recorded):
ESPN+ MAIN CARD | SAT. NOV 13 - 4PM/3PM ETPT
11. 145lbs: Max Holloway (22-6) vs. Yair Rodriguez (13-2) — Picks, Both: Holloway
10. 265lbs: Ben Rothwell (39-13) vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima (18-7) — Picks, Both: Rothwell
9. 145lbs: Felicia Spencer (8-3) vs. Leah Letson (5-1) – Picks, Both: Spencer
8. (Miguel Baeza vs. Khaos Williams is now in this slot, but it was covered here on this Prelims Show when it was bout #5 on the card)
7. 135lbs: Yadong Song (17-5) vs. Julio Arce (17-4) – Picks, Both: Yadong
ESPN+ PRELIMS | 1PM/10AM ETPT
6. 155lbs: Thiago Moisés (15-5) vs. Joel Alvarez (18-2) — At 0:34, Odds 13:06, Picks, Both: Moises
5. 125lbs: Cynthia Calvillo (9-3) vs. Andrea Lee (12-5) – At 13:24, Odds 27:32, Picks, Both: Calvillo
--- (This bout is now #8 on the card appearing on the main card after Song Yadong's bout, but it was covered here on the Prelims Show when it was bout #5) -- 170lbs: Miguel Baeza (10-1) vs. Khaos Williams (12-2) – At 28:16, Odds 40:15, Picks, Zane: Baeza, Connor: Williams
4. 145lbs: Sean Woodson (8-1) vs. Collin Anglin (8-2) – At 41:01, Odds 49:09, Picks, Both: Woodson
3. 125lbs: Cortney Casey (9-9) vs. Liana Jojua (8-4) – At 49:58, Odds 53:33, Picks, Both: Casey
2. 155lbs: Marc Diakiese (14-4) vs. Rafael Alves (19-10) – At 54:22, Odds , Picks, Both: Diakiese1:02:33
1. 205lbs: Kennedy Nzechukwu (9-1) vs. Da Un Jung (14-2) – At 1:03:28, Odds 1:11:50, Picks, Both: Jung
For those of you following the picks made on the show, we started tracking them with the July 13th, 2020 Vivisections for ‘Kattar vs. Ige’... Standings for our last event, UFC 268: Zane went 11/14, Connor 9/14. So far, here are the overall standings: Zane is now 411/653 and Connor is now 398/653.
Be sure to follow Zane on twitter @TheZaneSimon, follow Connor, @BoxingBusch, and follow @BloodyElbow for all the latest in MMA happenings. If you enjoy our shows, "heart" us here on SC, or "like" & share over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice.