Welcome to the Instant Trivia podcast episode 577, where we ask the best trivia on the Internet.
Round 1. Category: This 'N' That
- 1: Although born in Florida, Missouri, Mark Twain grew up in this city on the Mississippi River.
- 2: This reddish spice can be sold in both ground and stick form.
- 3: In England the unit of volume roughly equivalent to a quart is spelled this way.
- 4: Legend says the Dannebrog, now this country's flag, dropped from heaven during a 1219 battle.
- 5: "It Pays To Enrich Your Word Power" is a feature in this monthly magazine.
- Reader's Digest.
Round 2. Category: Julia Child Says
- 1: They're easily peeled and the whites are tender when done in a pressure cooker.
- 2: "Pain Francais", it goes well with a salad nicoise.
- French bread.
- 3: People on diets can cook with wine since this which "carries the calories", gets cooked out.
- 4: If a turkey breast is tough, this was probably done too soon after slaughter.
- 5: This French term translates as "high-class cooking".
- haute cuisine.
Round 3. Category: Nyc Street Foods
- 1: (Sofia is on Park Avenue, enjoying a pretzel, when....) Oops! I forgot to get a side of this traditional yellow condiment.
- 2: (Sofia is tasting a Mediterranean delicacy.) This pita contains little balls of this, a deep-fried Mideast treat made from chickpeas or fava beans.
- 3: (Sofia is enjoying a foreign potato product.) From the Ukranian for "dumpling", it's the name of the potato product I'm eating.
- 4: (Sofia holds up a slice of thin-crust pizza.) You can get pizza New York-style or in this thicker style named for an Italian island.
- 5: (Sofia wraps up our taste of the Big Apple--with a stomache--and a bottle of a well-known product for curing such.) Fortunately, also available in New York is this Procter and Gamble tummy-soothing liquid.
Round 4. Category: The Fall 2001 Tv Season
- 1: "Criminal intent" is NBC's latest spin-off of this series.
- Law and Order.
- 2: The agency in CBS's "The Agency" and behind ABC's "Alias".
- the Central Intelligence Agency.
- 3: This actress "Blue" off "NYPD" and headed to "Philly".
- Kim Delaney.
- 4: Mr. Holland on film, he became Max Bickford on TV.
- Richard Dreyfuss.
- 5: Rose McGowan is the new Halliwell sister on this WB series.
Round 5. Category: Dynasties
- 1: "New Yorker" humorist Robert begat novelist Nathaniel, who begat "Jaws" author Peter.
- 2: Oil magnate John D. begat philanthropist John D., Jr., who begat N.Y. Gov. Nelson, Ark. Gov. Winthrop, etc..
- the Rockefellers.
- 3: Movie producer Darryl begat movie producer Richard.
- 4: Oscar-winner Ed begat frequent Emmy nominee Ed Jr..
- 5: Louisiana Governor Huey P. begat Louisiana Senator Russell B..
- the Longs.
Thanks for listening! Come back tomorrow for more exciting trivia!
Special thanks to https://blog.feedspot.com/trivia_podcasts/