You know you're a surveyor when you've been waiting all summer for this podcast to return.
We are back now, and it’s been a tricky ride since we’ve learned about the outcome of the independent RICS review by Alison Levitt. I’ve had to take time to process what I've read and what I've experienced, not just as a member surveyor of RICS, but also as a member of the Governing Council. Like many of you, I too felt shock, disappointment, anger, and I felt hurt that the trust and confidence I put into something that I really believed in had been violated.
But I've reflected on the standards and regulations that surveyors follow, and they are still some of the best in the world. They make a difference every day to the lives of people and the clients we help them support. There are good people that work at RICS and they need our support. And if you can put yourself in a position to make a difference and to do good, then why wouldn't you? That's how I ended up on the Governing Council, and it’s how this podcast has come about, and how The Surveyor Hub Community has grown. Because surveying is not really about the construction and the buildings, it’s about people.
In the new season of The Surveyor Hub Podcast, there will be weekly conversations on surveying and life, but there will also be regular Women in Surveying panel discussions where women's voices are being put forward, where women step into visibility in order to make a difference in our industry. Finally, there will be short weekly podcasts about the business of surveying.
Join us in the new season, subscribe, rate, review and follow us because the more we feel connected and supported, the better we feel about what we do.
- Sign up to hear the latest Surveyor Hub news by joining the mailing list at https://www.lovesurveying.com
- RICS Independent External Review by Alison Levitt QC https://www.rics.org/uk/about-rics/corporate-governance/independent-external-review-information-centre/
- RICS Press Conference - Publication of the Levitt Report https://youtu.be/w1AQ6L46kvk
- Connect with Marion Ellis at email@example.com
- Connect with Marion on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marion-ellis-love-surveying-surveyor-hub/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/love_surveying/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/love_surveying/