For today's Monday Motivation episode of Grow Your Brand we're talking about what mental and physical availability involve and about marketing scientist Prof Byron Sharp and his 7 rules for brand growth.
We also do a quick recap on the 5 brand pillars we discussed back in earlier episodes and about what you can do this week to grow your brand.
Got a question, an idea or want to share what you thought about this episode? Tweet with me @laurenkress89
As I mention in the show - you can access the latest SEEN & HEARD live streams ahead of their release by heading to my youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSIAeiq-Nd76WQlTHfKWDdygQz7SttxFR
If you want to check out my video on bullet journaling head to: https://youtu.be/psN3ogWm-Yo
Byron Sharp’s 7 rules for brand growth are:
1) Continuously reach all buyers of the category with physical distribution and marketing communications.
2) Ensure the brand is easy buy - think about your customers and how what you do or your product fits in with their life
3) Get noticed - be distinct and salient, grab attention and hook your target audience in
4) Refresh and build-linked memory structures - build on existing concepts and use language your audience will understand
5) Create distinctive communication assets - use consistent sensory cues that are distinctly yours and stands out to your target audience.
6) Be consistent yet fresh and interesting - make sure your content looks like it’s from your brand and keep pumping out relevant and diverse content
7) Stay competitive and don’t give people reasons not to buy - keep the brand easy to buy and avoid targeting a particular group, discounting or overpricing unnecessarily.
Ps. If you like this podcast, don't forget to give it a positive rating and review and share it with your friend and colleagues - it really helps to support me with all the work that goes into putting this series together.
You can also help to support me, my work and this podcast by buying me a cup of coffee at https://ko-fi.com/laurenkress
Find out more about me at https://www.laurenkress.com
This is a public episode. If you would like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit laurenkress.substack.com