Melissa Urban: “A boundary is not designed to control someone else.”
Melissa, the co-founder and CEO of Whole30, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to create healthy boundaries, plus:
- Melissa’s personal boundaries journey (~01:12)
- Why boundaries need to be part of the well-being conversation (~03:39)
- Why boundaries were critical on Melissa’s road to recovery (~05:30)
- Why Melissa has a favorite ex-boyfriend (~08:11)
- How to set healthy boundaries around food (~12:11)
- What to do if a family member disrespects your boundaries (~15:17)
- What to do if a loved one makes poor decisions for their health (~19:09)
- How to set healthy boundaries with your parents (~23:47)
- How to know if you should break up with a friend (~26:52)
- How social media makes our communication worse (~29:22)
- How to identify the emotional vampires in your life (~34:56)
- How to support your partner without draining your own energy (~38:51)
- How to incorporate boundaries in your well-being routine (~40:56)
- One thing everyone should add to their boundaries routine (~44:41)
Referenced in the episode:
- Melissa's newest book, The Book of Boundaries: Set the Limits That Will Set You Free.
- Melissa's previous book, The Whole30.
- mbg article about setting healthy boundaries.
- Melissa's podcast, Do The Thing.
- Follow Melissa on Instagram.
- Check out Melissa's website.
We hope you enjoy this episode sponsored by Tom's of Maine, and feel free to watch the full video on Youtube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.