Lisa Merkle: “I needed to calm my nervous system in order to heal.”
Lisa, the co-founder of Imagine Farms, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the marriage of technology and nature, plus:
- Lisa’s personal approach to well-being (~00:36)
- What inspired Lisa to start Imagine Farms (~05:23)
- What a vertical hydroponic farm looks like (~09:10)
- How you can farm more crops with less land (~13:06)
- How precision growing can make your food healthier (~14:53)
- Why vertical hydroponic farms are the future of agriculture (~17:16)
- How re-localizing the food system can help with food insecurity (~20:38)
- Why vertical hydroponic farming is the new & healthier “fast” food (~23:53)
- The most nutritious & underrated vegetables grown at Imagine Farms (~25:18)
- Daily practices to live a more environmentally conscious life (~31:28)
- How Imagine Farms produce entered Miami markets & restaurants (~36:46)
- The future of our food system (~40:43)
Referenced in the episode:
- Check out Imagine Farms.
- Watch the Imagine Farms short film.
- Watch Lisa at mbg revitalize 2017.
- Learn more about Zak The Baker.
- Learn more about Food Rescue South Florida.
- mbg Podcast episode #434, with Amy Sapola, PharmD.
- mbg Podcast episodes #331 and #39, with Paul Hawken.
- mbg Podcast episode #243, with Jesse Daystar, Ph.D.
We hope you enjoy this episode sponsored by Cotton, and feel free to watch the full video on Youtube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.