Jess Cording, R.D., CDN: “There is tremendous power in fixing the little things we can do something about.”
Jess, a registered dietitian, health coach, and author, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the self-care struggle, plus:
- Jess’s experience caring for a loved one with terminal illness (~00:25)
- Challenges caring for a loved one as a licensed professional (~05:01)
- Why we should talk more about drug-nutrient interactions (~08:40)
- How stress can manifest physically in the body (~12:59)
- How Jess managed her long-term stress (~15:01)
- How to deal with physical vs. emotional food cravings (~17:56)
- Why you should only fix what you can (~23:18)
- What everyone should know about end-of-life care (~25:04)
- What we can learn about health from famous musicians (~30:52)
- Advice for someone facing an insurmountable illness right now (~36:54)
Referenced in the episode:
- Jess's book, The Farewell Tour: A Caregiver's Guide to Stress Management, Sane Nutrition, and Better Sleep.
- mbg Podcast episode #167, with Jess.
- Listen to The Farewell Tour Playlist on Spotify.
- The Book of Boundaries: Set the Limits That Will Set You Free, by Melissa Urban.
Take 25% off our nootropics with code BRAINCODE. Cannot combine with gift cards or other discount codes. Apply code at checkout.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on Youtube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.