Cody and Jon delve into the history of Nintendo’s unique collaboration with Square-Enix (Squaresoft, at the time) and review Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on the SNES Classic.
* Cody and Jon discuss the incredibly unique circumstances of Nintendo and Squaresoft (known today as Square-Enix) working together to create a game that combines the best of many worlds
* To wrap up the episode, Cody gives his first impressions of the recently released PlayStation 4 port of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
, a fighting game with action role-playing elements developed by Koei Tecmo’s Team Ninja and published by Square Enix
* Jon also discusses Star Wars: Imperial Assault
, a strategy board game by Fantasy Flight Games with a companion app that brings a board game experience to life without the need for human players to be around
* To nominate an SNES Classic game for them to review on their next episode, email email@example.com or tweet at Cody @ProducerCody
and/or Jon @eatplaygame
* Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network
, syndication on WGN Plus
, our YouTube channel
, and more!
* Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Unity
‘ by TheFatRat
* Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://www.gamelifebalanceaustralia.com