Ustadha Safiya Ravat of Suhbah Institute reminds us how to focus on our Ramadan as moms–beyond the food, the rat race, the decor, and all the things we have to continue doing–to build our safe spiritual spaces with Allah SWT.
Uzma sniffs a lot in this episode after Ustadha shares the tafseer of a commonly misquoted and misused hadith. We couldn’t cut out all that helpful audio from our guest. This one’s for all the girls who grew up being told they didn’t belong in the masjid.
Share this episode with 2 moms you know to remind them how amazing they are and how loved they are by Allah SWT. Tune in at 6pm EST on Apple podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Support the show
- Suhbah Institute Website: https://suhbah.com/
- Suhbah Institute IG: @suhbah_institute
- Ustadha Safiya’s book recommendations
- The Character of the Muslim Woman: Women's Emancipation during the Prophet's Lifetime (Islamic Economics) by Abd Al-Halim Abu Shuqqah
- Secrets of Divine Love by A. Helwa
- Ustadha Safiya’s YouTube recommendations:
- Prophet Yusuf series on YouTube: https://youtu.be/t2CpKjogBT8
- People of the Cave “Men of Angelos”: https://youtu.be/tdnJCaMPzyI
- Ustadha Safiya’s podcast recommendation
- The Quantum Chronicles: https://thequantumchronicles.com/
- Web: www.mommyingwhilemuslim.com
- Email: email@example.com
- FB: Mommying While Muslim page and Mommyingwhilemuslim group
- IG: @mommyingwhilemuslimpodcast