Episode 27: Today, I sit down with Scotland-based landscape photographer and educator, Alister Benn, to chat about:
- His journey into being a full-time landscape photographer
- What expressive photography means to him
- The idea of possessing creativity through creative living
- The role of emotions in personal expression and creativity
- The relationship between innate creativity and the subconscious mind
- His five figures of engagement: luminosity, contrast, color, geometry, and atmosphere and how they allow us to compose more creatively
- How openness, acceptance, and non-judgment cultivate creativity
- Finding your creative voice through failures, experiments, practice, and play
- How color can blind us somewhat to the strength or weakness of a composition
- And so much more!
Website: https://expressive.photography [Get 15% off any of Alister’s educational offerings on his website using coupon code OUTDOOR15]
Follow Alister Benn on Instagram
Follow the Expressive Photography YouTube Channel
Alister’s Luminosity and Contrast Theory Ebook
Full Show Notes
HAVE A QUESTION?
Record a Question for Tidbit Tuesday
LOVE THE OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY PODCAST?
Ways you can support the show:
Buy Me a Coffee
Leave a Rating and Review
Share the show with others!
CONFUSED ABOUT WHERE TO FOCUS?
Download my FREE Hyperfocal Distance Made Easy Ebook
ABOUT BRENDA PETRELLA (host)
Learn more about me
Visit my online portfolio
Connect with me on Instagram