Students need support to shine and grow. In this episode, Punam Saxena, author of Parent Power, discusses how parent engagement at school and at home can boost a child's academic success.
Parent Impact Coach, TEDx speaker, and host of the Edu-Me Podcast, Punam Saxena sheds light on how a student-parent-teacher team can nurture a child to become the best version of themselves.
Allison and Punam discuss:
- Punam's new Ted Talk [2.03]
- How a student’s a socio-emotional environment impacts their academic performance [4.11]
- How teachers can engage reluctant parents [8.37]
- Being a better parent [19.00]
Check out Punam’s previous interview on Allison Loves Math Podcast: https://allisonlovesmath.mykajabi.com/blog/PunamSaxena
Connect with Punam Saxena
Punam's TedTalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrY3dM-AvOg
Punam's Book: https://www.amazon.com/Parent-Power-Navigate-School-Beyond/dp/1736640208
Punam's Website: https://www.edu-me.net/
- Raise your Math Grade: Get this FREE short book, which is a toughen-up math manifesto mixed with you-can-do-it enthusiasm. It is an open educational resource, meaning you can share it freely with friends, students, and colleagues.
- Crush Math Now: Order this best-selling Amazon book! It is a study guide packed with all the advice Allison has given students over the years on math mindset, study skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Love Math Journal: Get this growth mindset journal to help 4th-8th grade students to succeed in and love math. This journal is co-authored by Allison and Nicole Thomson, who had been on Episode# 44 Using Gratitude to Help Students Overcome Math Anxiety.
Connect with Allison