Welcome to episode #31, I’m excited to be joined by Brittany Joiner today!
Brittany is a self-proclaimed Trello nerd with a passion for software development, lifestyle optimization, and all things productivity. As a Developer Relations (DevRel) professional at PixieBrix, Brittany brings her technical expertise, love for fostering connections, and growth-hacking skills to the table. She's a (somewhat) digital nomad, Youtuber, and indie hacker.
Welcome to the show Britt!
- Can you tell us about your experience with neurodiversity? When did you realize that you weren’t neurotypical? What challenges did you face? What is it like now?
- Brain always moved a million miles per minute
- Found coping strategies/productivity
- Label of anxiety was helpful so went to a psychiatrist
- What "work" projects are you concentrating on?
- PixieBrix: dev rel - browser automation tool
- Wrote a book on Trello
- How about the rest of the time? What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
- Fostering kittens + looking after pup
- Gaming: board games + video games
- What does your morning routine look like and how has it evolved over time?
- Tidy house + litter box
- Go for a walk with the dog
- Reward with coffee
- Warm up into the day by checking tech news/slack (30-40 mins)
- What do you do to optimize productivity during your working hours?
- Equipment: 55-inch monitor
- Novelty: work from coffee shops
- Rewards: Starbucks at lunch
- Organizing tasks in Trello
- Timers for 30-40 minutes to work on (Focus Bear)
- Plan the night before: AkiFlow - scheduling tasks (similar to Morgen)
- COMMERCIAL BREAK
- What is one habit you'd like to remove from your life (either a bad habit or one that takes up too much time)?
- Staying in bed too long scrolling on the phone
- Smart heater
- Turn lights on
- How do you switch off at night?
- Read/watch TV/play games
- Leave the laptop in the office
- No laptop in the bedroom
- What resources (books, philosophies, apps, sensory toys) do you find most helpful for productivity and habit formation?
- Supercharging productivity with Trello
- RoseBud AI Journal - “What was the highlight of your day?” - then helps you go deeper
- Where can people connect with you or find your work?
- Substack: trello.substack.com
- Do you have any final words or asks for our audience?
- Follow your energy levels
Joey’s creativity course