In this episode, Leslie reveals the books and authors that inspired her the most. She discusses what she likes in a heroin character. She explains her style of “going there” to help her maintain focus and write.
- Leslie writes in her own home office and has a sign on the door that qualifies entry during writing.
- When Leslie writes, she transports herself mentally into the story. She refers to the technique as “going there” and she can maintain focus and lose track of the real world.
- Sewing, painting, jewelry crafting, and beach walks are some of Leslie’s favorite hobbies.
- She finds the ocean calming and she loves how it clears her head.
- Leslie has an 11-month-old Doodle named Josie.
- Leslie reads two to three books a week.
- Salem’s Lot was a very influential book for Leslie. After reading it she knew that she wanted to write.
- Kathleen Woodiwiss was also a large influence for Leslie.
- Leslie isn’t comfortable writing in first person.
- Leslie has published 16 books.
- Love in the Mix is a cookbook for romance readers. Top romance writers contributed recipes and anecdotes. 100% of the profits are spent for Pro Literacy.
- Leslie finds the middle of the story the most difficult to write.
- Appropriate and accurate research is critical in Leslie’s mind.
- Favorite food: chocolate.
- Leslie highly recommends Pinot noir and chocolate cupcakes.
Sign up for Free & Bargain eBooks Daily