Welcome to Season 2 of the She Talks Birdie Podcast!
I am excited to share a special episode I created in partnership with PXG to launch the new season. Have you ever thought of golf as more than just a game? Perhaps it's hard to consider the far-reaching benefits of golf when you feel as though the course just kicked your butt.
Through my conversation with two members of our military and PXG's Heroes Squad, Corporal Chris Nowak and Corporal Chad Pfeifer, I discovered how PXG is helping veterans heal from visible and invisible wounds through golf.
Here are the highlights from this episode:
- [1:56] Introduction
- [2:57] Cpl. Chad Pfeifer's story
- [11:26] Cpl. Chris Nowak's story
- [15:54] The learning process that has to take place for a veteran taking up golf
- [24:02] How a veteran's mental toughness can be leveraged in golf to help them successfully navigate life
- [30:07] How veterans and golfers alike are taught to maintain a positive outlook on the course
- [33:11] The importance of perspective in golf
- [35:00] How PXG is supporting veterans through their programs
- getting veterans introduced to the game
- making equipment affordable
- building a community of veterans who look out for each other
- [41:00] How you can learn more about PXG and their programs (links mentioned are provided below)
- [44:25] Final thoughts from Chad and Chris
To get a list of the links mentioned in this episode, please visit my full show notes page at https://trainingforoptimalperformance.com/021
PTIESPN, Tony Kornheiser, Michael Wilbon First TakeESPN, Stephen A. Smith, Molly Qerim Rose