Have you ever heard a story and said that couldn't happen to me?
As a culture, we love shows like Law and Order, Criminal Minds, NCIS, but we typically live our lives every day that can't happen in real life. Today's guest Bill Mitchel shares his story about the murder of his daughter following her graduation from college. He has taken this tragedy and made it his message to help give others the tools, resources, and support to be aware of before it happens.
He never expected his family to change in such a drastic way that would redefine it forever. You don't ever fully move past the loss of a child, let alone when they are murdered.
Book - When Dating Hurts by Bill Mitchell
- ïHow losing his daughter changed everything (1:11)
- ïDating Violence and how common is it (4:49)
- ïHow do you compelling someone to listen before it happens (7:54)
- ïWhat made podcasting the right next step (9:44)
- ïWhat problems did you have to get a podcast started (11:36)
- ïWhat goal did you think podcasting could do that a book can't (14:40)
- ïHow do you protect someone's story that might not be ready to be named (16:29)
- ïWhat advice do you have for parents before tragedy might strike (18:00)
Charity: When Dating Hurts
Thanks for Listening!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, Amazon, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Mathew on Social Media to stay up to date on Causepods – Facebook | Twitter |