As Chief Revenue Officer of cloud content management and file sharing company Box, Mark Wayland and his team have taken on a “land, adopt, and expand” business model to attract new buyers across various industries and locations.
This strategy seems to be paying off — according to Box, 68% of the Fortune 500 currently use the SaaS company’s products.
On today’s episode of Go To Market Grit, Joubin and Mark talk more about Box’s go-to-market strategy, as well as the importance of learning from failure.
In this episode, we cover:
- The importance for a sales leader to hone sales operation and strategy skills. (3:01)
- How sales has changed as technology evolves. (9:37)
- How Box is changing how people work through cloud content management — and why sales leaders should focus on forging a positive workplace culture. (18:25)
- Selling across segments: Box's go-to-market strategy. (24:29)
- Why Box aspires to be a ‘trusted advisor’ to enterprise businesses. (27:16)
- How remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic has made it more difficult for Mark to make personal connections with his sales team. (31:27)
- 'You have to fail a lot in order to succeed': How Mark defines grit. (33:58)
- 'Land, adopt, and expand': Box's future plans for growth. (43:03)