Over the last few weeks we’ve talked a lot about what we should do to have an intentional summer full of healthful fun and healthy tech. This week Anna and I talk about what these plans and fun look like in our own lives. As always, Anna brings the fire, and we get to walk out how this conversation isn’t about being perfect but being intentional with the time and opportunities we’re given.
We cover three points specifically:
1. At the end of this summer, I want my summer to have been ____________.
2. Make a plan: analog adventure, play a game together, make a meal, use tech together (watch, play, listen)
3. Three steps for intentional, safe tech at home
- Coddling of the American Mind, by Greg Lukianoff & Jonathan Haidt https://www.thecoddling.com
- iGen, Jean Twenge, http://www.jeantwenge.com/igen-book-by-dr-jean-twenge/
- Dopamine Nation (*viewer discretion—some anecdotes are troubling) https://www.annalembke.com/dopamine-nation