This week on the podcast we’re continuing our discussion around what it takes to live a wholehearted life, based on the teachings of Brené Brown (if you haven’t yet listened to last week’s episode
, we encourage you to check that out)!
Today we’re going deeper around emotions and discuss the importance (in every relationship) of clearly naming and communicating what you’re feeling. It’s especially important when things feel uncertain or like they’re “too much”, as can often be the case in the times we find ourselves in right now.
We’re excited to practice more of Brené’s teachings, and we want to hear how you use them as well to reach a better version of yourself!
As always, we love to hear your feedback. If you have a question or topic that you’d like us to discuss in a future episode, please go to https://www.respectcircles.com/voicemail/ to leave us a message.
You can also reach us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media at https://www.facebook.com/respectcircles and https://www.instagram.com/respectcircles/, or by visiting our website at www.respectcircles.com too. We look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks so much for listening. We’d love to have you subscribe to the podcast, leave us a rating and review, and share with your friends!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How we are emotional beings that have never been trained how to name, manage, or label our emotions [3:56]
- Why our connections with others are only as deep as the connections we have with ourselves [8:01]
- Understanding the concept that above all, we are emotional beings that think [15:03]
- Why we feel that overall our communications are falling flat [16:23]
- What the emotion of anguish is about, and why it’s so powerful [20:11]
- How talking about Brene’s series is a great way to start expressing your emotions and strengthening your connections with others [24:58]
- The distinctions between worry and anxiety and being stressed and overwhelmed [27:32]
- The dangers in mislabeling our emotions and forcing ourselves into an emotion by doing this [30:59]
- A few healthy things you can do now to manage your emotions when things become uncertain [32:39]