Based on my blog which got A LOT of great response, here are some key points to keep in mind as you watch/listen to this episode -
- It’s not only exhausting, it’s ridiculous to want to be liked by everyone.
- It’s important to be who you are, authentically. Trying to be something you’re not for the sake of trying to fit in is exhausting and delays the emergence of the real you.
- With seven BILLION people on the planet, how many people do you really need to like you or your work? Really?
- When I was writing, having just one person write back to tell me I had made a difference in her life was a true gift. I had, at least, an audience of one. And that was satisfying.
- Not part of this podcast, yet noteworthy, is that when I got my first hater, I celebrated. “Here’s a troll that hasn’t even read my books, but took the time to comment on what F’ing B.S. they were! I must’ve done something to get in this guy’s lane.”
- People get stuck and they’ll fight to stay there. Let them. They’re not your audience either.
- Choose you. Then, let others choose you. That’s how you get An Audience of Some!