In this episode guests talk about the effects of COVID-19 pandemic on alcohol use.
- Dr Sadie Boniface and Habib Kadiri from the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS) who provide an overview of some of the key indications from the research and importance of looking beyond media headlines.
- Dr Emily Nicholls and Dr Dominic Conroy talk about their research based on interviews with a number of drinkers reflecting on their alcohol use in response to the pandemic.
- Dr Gillian Shorter talks about British Psychological Society guidelines to support healthcare proffessionals in addressing alcohol issues.
- Daren Lee, a counsellor at a national addiction service and trainee psychologist currently researching the experience of people previously engaged in face to face recovery groups and have tried their online equivalent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Rosy and Martin, who offer their insights into their relationship with alcohol over the last year.
See here for the latest IAS report on alcohol consumption during the pandemic.
See here for COVID alcohol support resources from Alcohol Change UK.