How do you ensure that a school is serving students well and changing with the times?
In this episode of Associations Thrive, host Joanna Pineda interviews Bonnie Ricci, Executive Director from International Council Advancing Independent School Accreditation (ICAISA). Bonnie discusses:
- How ICAISA is the accreditor of accrediting bodies for independent schools.
- What an independent school is.
- The value of accreditation is, how ICAISA standards are developed, and how these standards change to adapt to the changing learning environments of schools.
- How ICAISA helps accrediting bodies be better by taking their staff out of their comfort zones and introducing them to new ideas and practices that are often outside the education space.
- The impact of accreditation on student learning and success.
- A grant that ICAISA has received to study the impact of governance on independent schools.