Our episode guest is Matt Hurst, vice president of communications at Nielsen. Matt started his career as a sports writer then transitioned to communications by working on the Amazon Web Services PR team.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- Matt Hurst’s efforts on Andy Jassy’s three-hour-long keynote
- Advice for working with busy executives
- Current corporate challenges for Nielsen
- Corporate crisis tips
- What to read to stay on top of corporate communications
- “You're trying to write a press release or you're trying to write social media post or internal communications, but at the end of the day, the way we should all view ourselves is as storytellers.” — @matt_hurst16
- “No day is going to be exactly the same. You wake up and you're like, OK, am I in proactive mode today for communications? Am I creating big strategic plans? Am I in the weeds on understanding how some of this measurement ratings work, and how do I communicate that? Or am I putting out a fire based on crisis comms or some backlash that Nielsen may be facing for whatever reason?” — @matt_hurst16
- “(Nielsen One is) the forthcoming launch of this new cross-platform measurement that Nielsen is developing and will roll out later in 2022 to better capture the way that people are viewing and consuming media.The new updates will specifically refer to social media, digital media, influencer marketing, and in-game and in-mobile app advertising.” — @matt_hurst16
- “I love being a builder in communications.” — @matt_hurst16
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with others and leave us a review!
About Matt Hurst
Matt is a data-driven and results-oriented communications professional who someone described as "a triple threat" due to his leading work across external, internal, and executive communications. He has more than 20 years of experience in global communications across a number of industries with proven experience in building high-performing teams, integrated communications plans, and corporate messaging and narratives. He is a principal adviser, speechwriter, and chief spokesperson for leaders of high-visibility organizations.
Guest’s contact info and resources:
Additional Axia Resources:
Episode recorded: Feb 24, 2022
- On Top of PR is produced by Axia Public Relations, named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies. Axia is an expert PR firm for national brands.
- On Top of PR is sponsored by ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
About your host, Jason Mudd
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands and fastest-growing companies. He founded Axia Public Relations in July 2002. Forbes named Axia as one of America’s Best PR Agencies.Support the show