It’s our last podcast of the year, and Sean and Pete are joined by special guest Donita Sparks of L7! Here are some of the things covered during the chat:
- Sean tells a story about when he first realized the awesome power of L7 during their SubPop days.
- Find out which famous Chicago band from the 90s said L7 inspired them to become a band.
- Donita talks about some of her less-glamorous touring experiences, including one straight out of “Carrie.”
- Who are the “ambassadors of rock,” and how did they allow independent artists to successfully tour during the 90s?
- We all miss zines.
- Which Iggy Pop album reference perked Donita’s ears up?
- What did the L7 reunion in 2014 feel like for Donita?
- Sean describes L7 live: “That’s what rock’s supposed to be.”
- Sean tries to talk gear with Donita, to which Donita replies, “I hate gear.”
- Pete tries to talk about the Grateful Dead with Donita.
Thanks for your listening, and for your support! Please tell a friend about the podcast!