Dr. Kensa Gunter is a clinical and sport psychologist based in Atlanta, GA where she provides individual counseling, mental skills training, and consultation services to athletes and organizations. In this episode, we discuss:
- how psychological factors play into sport
- whether or not athletes are open to mental health discussions
- how to manage pre-competition anxiety
- How the idea of perfectionism play into an athlete’s mental health
- How athlete’s can balance the idea of wanting to win/be the best and also not beat themselves up if they don’t win.
- the definition of mental toughness and how can athlete’s harness it
Connect with Dr. Gunter or visit her website.
Join the Greenletes Facebook Group
📕: Planted Performance