Selling Your Own Course vs. Selling Other People’s Stuff (and a personal epiphany I had this week)

The Mariah Coz Show

Apr 11 2024 • 39 mins

Don’t downplay the good stuff!

I realized something this past week. I’ve been doing you a disservice.

In my attempt to not fall into the “guru” pile of being another one of those annoying people online yapping about how great having an online course business is - I often completely downplay how freaking great having an online course business is compared to other options 😁

I never want to minimize the fact that building any type of business takes time and hard work - and that includes creating + selling online courses and digital products.

But I realize I sometimes go so far the other way - that I forget to share that, yes, although 10% of it is hard and challenging, the other 90% of it is WOW, AMAZING, “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS MY LIFE” GOOD.

Selling your own products to your own audience is honestly SO much more empowering than selling other people’s stuff (whether that be through affiliates, brand deals, ads, or some other options I discuss in the episode)

It can be easy to take something you’ve been doing a long time for granted and look at other people/models and think they have it all figured out…or that the grass is greener… but I’ve learned a powerful lesson about how awesome selling your own offers to your own audience is.

➡️ Read the full blog post here

In this episode:

  • My a-ha moment about why I tend to downplay all the good stuff about running a course business

  • Some of the highlights from the last year I didn’t share because I didn’t want to brag or be annoying

  • Reflecting on where you might be downplaying your success or forgetting how amazing your work is

  • From thinking the grass might be greener monetizing with sponsors, ads, brand deals or affiliates to realizing that nothing really compares to creating, selling and owning your own products and your own audience

  • Why the message I’ve been sharing since 2015 is even *more* relevant in 2024 with all the wild stuff going on on social media

  • Developing the core skills that will serve you for life, no matter what you sell online or what niche you are in

The all new Monetize x Profit Architecture bundle is opening for enrollment very soon! There will be very limited bonuses and early access just for the waitlist.

Put your name on the waitlist at mariahcoz.com/monetize

Resources + Links:

Submit your Creator Confession here