Here at ALFC we look to seek the lost, teach the found, and send the disciples.
If you are NEW here please click this 👉 https://forms.focusgrowth.app/ng7-1FD...
Interested in joining ALFC in helping people throughout the world? Click this 👉 https://pushpay.com/g/alfconline?src=hpp
If you said YES to Jesus be sure to click here 👉 bit.ly/ALFCSalvation
MESSAGE NOTES (Part 3)
Unshakable, Unmovable, Impenetrable Foundation
1 Corinthians 3:11, Proverbs 22:28
What has grown that was covered up? What has been unearthed that was once sealed?
What happened to make you build close to cliffs that are sinking, tilting, or shifting?
How does that happen?
· Power over principal
· Popularity over morals
· Fun over values
· Feelings over truth
· Cleverness over righteousness
What’s the answer to the Christian? It’s our diet—what we feed on, our daily intake. Are you feeding on junk food, fast food, or real food?
Today, we see societal decay, cultural decay, and a civilization of decay. It threatens once godly morals, traditions, values, and character.
If we studied history and the downfall of kingdoms, we’d see obsession with sex and perversion, haughtiness, overly self-confident, overspending, debt, government corruption, political instability, idolatry, and dependence on the government’s help.
What kind of world will your children and grandchildren inherit?
I. The comparison between the wise man and the foolish man (Matthew 7:24): The difference is the foundation.
A. Being wise or foolish has nothing to do with education, degrees, title, looks, skill, IQ, income, or intellect. It has to do with attitude, behaviors, habits, and choices.
1. Fools believe the wisdom of the world is wiser, smarter, and
better than God. (1 Cor. 3:19, Romans 1:22, James 3:15)
B. The Differences: (Psalm 53:1)
1. Bringing joy, peace, and delight vs. sorrow, grief, and pain. Proud vs. ashamed. (Proverbs 10:1 MSG)
2. Elders, counselors, and friend’s correction vs. what feels good. (Proverbs 15:5 MSG)
3. The wise care; the foolish are careless. (Proverbs 14:8 MSG)
4. The wise have morals; the foolish have no morals. (Proverbs 14:9 MSG)
5. Companions reveal who is wise and who is foolish. (Proverbs 13:20 NLT)
6. The foolish can’t control anger/emotions. (Proverbs 12:16 NLT)
7. Honest vs. dishonest, integrity vs. cheating. (Jeremiah 17:11 NLT)
8. Repents, learns, and gets better vs. repeats folly. (Proverbs 26:11 NIV)
9. Don’t say one thing but do another. (Luke 11:39,40)
C. Differences between the wise and the foolish: (Matthew 25:1-10)
1. The wise are hardworking, not lazy. They don’t expect a handout.
2. The wise live by the extra and are prepared.
3. The wise don’t think they are the exception, or that rules don’t apply to them.
4. The wise live by priorities; they can say “No.”
5. The wise listen without defending.