Are you ready to redefine failure and discover how to tap into confidence?
I’m chatting with Dr. Brittney Ezell, a former athlete and motivational speaker, who shares her unique perspective on failure, courage, and quitting. Here are the key takeaways from this thought-provoking discussion:
1. Failure is Not the End. Brittney emphasizes that failure is not the opposite of success but an integral part of it. It's an event, not a quality of a person. Instead of fearing failure, we should embrace it as an opportunity to learn and grow.
2. Courage is a Choice. Courage isn't an inherent trait; it's a choice we make when faced with challenges. By acknowledging that courage can be summoned when needed, we can build our confidence over time.
3. Confidence is Rooted in Past Success. Confidence is not something we can instantly generate. It's a product of our past successes. Building confidence is like stacking small wins, which eventually lead to a strong belief in oneself.
4. The Importance of Mentorship. Surrounding yourself with mentors who hold up a mirror to your potential can be transformational. They help you see your unique strengths and capabilities.
5. Quitting vs. Pivoting. Quitting is giving up on yourself; it's discarding your skills, experiences, and unique qualities. Pivoting, on the other hand, is about redirecting your path while retaining your core self.
Dr. Brittney Ezell will be a keynote at The Maine Women's Conference on October 25 in Portland, Maine. This conversation is a little taste of what she is going to share at the conference and I encourage you to come to Maine, come to the conference and see Brittany in person. The link to get your ticket below. Be sure to Use code mewc_jodiflynn_10% at check out.
Episode Show Notes: Other resources and links mentioned in this episode.
Attend The Maine Women's Conference. Use code mewc_jodiflynn_10% at check out.
Register for the How to Get Mentally Fit webinar: Learn the 3 core muscles to build to gain mental fitness.
Apply to be on an “On-Air Coaching” episode: Are you a female leader who has been promoted in the last year? You are invited to apply to be on the podcast.
Leadership Operating System Inventory. Wondering what kind of Leadership traits you have? Take this FREE, FAST self-assessment and find out more about yourself as a Leader.
Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing: The book containing a simple, step by step system that gives you the foundation and structure to take your goals and make them happen.
Leadership Coaching: If you are interested in finding out more about my coaching process, the cost of coaching, or how to ask your employer to pay for you to work with a coach.