With over 15 years’ experience in Human Resource Management and the Wellness Industry Elysia has combined her expertise to partner with businesses to help develop strategies to attract, engage and retain employees. Working within multiple sectors Elysia helps promote a healthy workforce that supports business needs and enhances productivity and engagement.
Workplace Wellness Defined
Workplace wellness can mean different things to different people. To Elysia, workplace wellness means both the employee and the employer collaborate to use a continual improvement process to protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the employees.
Workplace wellness goes beyond the context of our physical and mental wellness, it spans across eight dimensions that Elysia focuses on with organizations. Wellness today requires taking a strategic approach that goes beyond educating employees.
Dimensions of Wellness
- Spiritual Wellness - Shared Purpose. Shared Commitment to something greater than yourself.
- Intellectual Wellness - Shared Knowing. Employees know what is expected and know how to manage their workload. This requires consistent and repetitive communication – what is happening & how to handle what is happening.
- Occupational Wellness - Shared Sense of Job Security. Employees know that everything will be fine. Employees agree on expectations and know they can deliver in spite of everything else going on around them.
- Environmental Wellness - Shared ability to work from anywhere. Managers are cognizant of everyone’s individual circumstances – and can support each employee in his/her individual workspace need.
- Social Wellness - Shared Interactions. Maintaining connections. Social events, social “gatherings.”
- Financial Wellness - Shared Financial Abilities. Addressing financial stress. Financial support for those struggling.
- Physical Wellness- Shared physical health. Making sure employees are taking care of their bodies through healthy food and exercise, taking breaks, sleeping properly.
- Emotional Wellness - Shared Emotional Well-Being. Supporting mental and emotional states of anxiety, worry, stress through strengthening resilience.
How to Build an Effective Wellness Program
- Program is Created by Employees
- Program is Part of the Culture
- Program Is Continual
Tips for Increasing Employee Wellness
- Setting Boundaries
- Providing Caregiver’s Leave
Elysia on LinkedIn
Workplace Wellness Resources
Workplace Wellness: Time to get Strategic
Reimagining Wellness in a Post-COVID World