Miles Lasater is the CEO and Founding Partner of Purpose Built Ventures. In this episode, hear from Miles on why learning to sell at a young age is so important to learn entrepreneurship, and how you can manage your time more effectively to create new habits. Miles dives into the pitfalls behind taking a company public, the real role of a start-up investor, and what it means to be a “purpose built venture.”
- (00:00) - Intro
- (2:00) - Early college years
- (3:50) - Working in food service gives transferable skills
- (8:45) - Starting his first business, “Help With Home Computers”
- (10:25) - Founding Higher One in college
- (14:25) - How did Higher One help university students?
- (18:48) - How do new entrepreneurs pick a partner?
- (32:05) - Books and podcasts for developing leadership skills
- (36:15) - Time management and making habits
- (42:19) - Running a public company is painful
- (47:13) - What is it like to take a company public?
- (52:01) - Developing pattern recognition skills
- (55:00) - The role of a start-up investor
- (57:55) - What is Purpose Built Ventures?
BOOKS OUR GUEST LOVES:
- The 15 Commandments Of Conscious Leadership - Jim Dethmer
- Getting Things Done - David Allen
- The Great CEO within - Matt Mochary
- Shoe Dog - Phil Knight
- Miracle Morning - Hal Elrod
PODCASTS OUR GUEST LOVES
- Podcast website: https://forwardobsessed.com/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/forward-obsessed/id1615760781
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2TrkOZ7xL7WSlzc2mrwXuC?si=aa5e7790aca64e05
- YouTube Full Episodes: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-ldUUGxQZ5b9WPqVXz_qlfXgK3hHPs4z
- YouTube Clips: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-ldUUGxQZ5Yt0LiPml0y6pNUSrqHzWql
SUPPORT & CONNECT:
- Digital Surgeons Website: https://digitalsurgeons.com
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@digitalsurgeons
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/digitalsurgeons
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/210497/
Fwd Obsessed Podcast is powered by Digital Surgeons