Mar 21 2023
Director Lloyd Lee Choi on the Creative Power of Uncertainty
Director Lloyd Lee Choi’s most recent work, ‘Same Old,’ premiered at the 75th Cannes Film Festival—and it was the only US film accepted in the lineup.
In this episode of the Musicbed Podcast, Lloyd revisits his life-changing experience at Cannes, offers actionable advice on effective pitching, and explores how embracing uncertainty can be the key to inspiring your best ideas.
The Musicbed Podcast
Hear industry-leading directors, DPs, and producers share stories and insight while revealing how creativity impacts their identities. Featuring topics like working with Apple TV+ and Netflix. Winning Sundance and Cannes. Breaking through. Leveling up. Falling on your face. Hosted by Director Christian Shultz.
Brought to you by Musicbed, the leading music licensing platform for TV and Film.
• His life-changing Cannes experience
• The power of stepping away
• Why filmmakers should be paid for pitches
• Nothing matters without a unique angle
• The creative impact of on-set hospitality
• Why ambiguity is your best storytelling tool
• Lloyd Lee Choi—https://www.lloydleechoi.com/
• Same Old—https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16226770/
• Norm Li—http://norm-li.com/
• City of God—https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/
• Hirokazu Koreeda—https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0466153/
• Read more about our podcast with Lloyd Lee Choi- https://musicbed.com/blog/films/podcast/006-lloyd-lee-choi-the-creative-power-of-uncertainty
• Musicbed Podcast — linktr.ee/musicbed
Brought to you by Musicbed, the filmmaking industry's music licensing platform of choice. Learn more: musicbed.com.
Musicbed is the leading sync licensing platform for authentic music from relevant artists. We’re a one-stop licensing agency representing a curated roster of authentic artists, bands, and composers for film, TV, and advertising. From leading composers to tour-tested bands, and rising singer/songwriters, we believe music brings emotion and has the power to amplify your story.