Companies are spending billions of dollars on their Super Bowl ads. If you had that kind of money, what commercial would you create? In this solo cast episode, host Rebecca Babicz explains in detail why the super bowl commercials are so popular and how we too can make targeted ads that create an emotional connection with our future customers!
In this episode you’ll learn about:
What e-commerce brands can learn from Super Bowl ads - why they are so memorable and how we can incorporate their targeting plan.
- The high cost of Super Bowl ads - why companies are spending so much money on research for their 90 seconds of show time.
- Selling to the internal problem vs. the external problem - how this year's top Super Bowl ad included both and why that is a good technique.
- The importance of creating an ad that resonates with your target customer - ways to create ads that are memorable and people will want to share.
- Creating a hook or ad based on internal problems - focusing on the internal problem you solve for your customer is the base of any good ad.
- Narrowly targeted ads - why niching down and creating extremely targeted ads is a better strategy because you can resonate with your target audience.
- Examples of this year’s Super Bowl ads that exemplify solving internal problems - how we as brands can adopt these ideas and create more memorable and relatable hooks.
Connecting with the host:
- 4:33 “When you’re creating these ads that you want to create, what are you selling?”
- 6:02 “If you are an e-commerce founder or marketing leader, thinking about an ad campaign, I want to challenge you to think about not only the external problem that you’re facing.”
- 6:23 “Think about the internal problem that your customers are facing, as it relates to your product, and how you can come up with a campaign or hook based around that idea. I think that’s the foundation of all really strong ads.”
- 8:40 “We can all learn from this ad that it’s really targeted in who their customer is.”
- 11:46 “Be really narrow in who you’re targeting.”
- 12:50 “Know your customer, know your target audience, and create messages that will resonate specifically with them.”